Saturday, April 16, 2016 7:30 p.m.
$7 – $15 (978) 544-5557
(to benefit Seeds of Solidarity)
Good music and good food brought the Slik Pickers together – playing endless joyful hours at festivals, their music is influenced by folk, blues and Bluegrass. They typically play in a small circle, weaving rhythms and melodies into soulful songs (with some extra laughter and storytelling thrown in). They play to have a good time. The Slik Pickers are
- Dave Slik, W. Boylston: song writer, vocals, flat picking guitar
- Brie Green, Hubbardston: Standup bass fiddle, fiddle and vocals
- John Cloutier, Sturbridge: Writer, Dobro guitar, bass, vocals
- Rob Griffin, Belchertown: fiddle
- Myron Becker, Wendell: cross noted mouth harp
The Green Sisters:
Growing up on a farm, the four sisters spent many hours singing to pass the time, and in 2015 they formed The Green Sisters to keep the music and love alive. Their harmonies blend with ease over simple melodies on acoustic instruments (which they often swap amongst themselves). Selections range in genre and age from 1950’s barbershop, to folk, Celtic, old-timey, and today’s originals. The Green Sisters are
- Melody Green, vocals, mandolin, guitar
- Betsy Green, vocals, fiddle, banjo
- Brie Green, vocals, fiddle, upright bass, guitar
- Beck Green, vocals, guitar, fiddle
Seeds of Solidarity Education Center http://seedsofsolidarity.org/ is a non-profit organization in Orange, MA that `awakens the power of youth, schools, and families to Grow Food Everywhere to transform hunger to health, and create resilient lives and communities.’ The Wendell Full Moon Coffeehouse is located in Old Town Hall in the center of Wendell, MA., offering a lively night out for music, fun and dance; always in support of a good cause. Come experience the Valley’s only Dessert-O-Rama in an affordable family-friendly venue.
Open Mic begins at 7:30. For Open Mic sign-up, directions and further information please visit our website: www.wendellfullmoon.org.