So you want to play the Coffeehouse…
Thank you for your interest in performing at the Wendell Full Moon Coffeehouse, a family friendly, all ages, nonsectarian venue. To understand what we’re all about, please read our mission statement, then come back here.
Venue and booking details:
- Performers for the season are selected by a volunteer committee at a summer meeting.
- The Wendell Full Moon Coffeehouse presents a wide range of genres including World Music, Folk, Dance Bands, jazz, Swing, Honky Tonk, Singer-Songwriters, Blues, Rock, Reggae, Classical, Comedy Troupes, Local Theatre, Belly Dancing, and more. We cater to the tastes of our hill town audiences, who are not shy about clearing out chairs and enjoying a night of dancing.
- The Coffeehouse takes place in the historic Wendell Town Hall at 4 Center Road. It has a capacity of 95 seated or 145 standing. Seats are folding chairs which can be moved away for dancing.
- Every show is a benefit.There is a $7-$15 donation at the door. There are no advance ticket sales.
- The revenue from the door is split after expenses (hall rental, promotional materials, etc.), with the performer receiving 60% of the profit and the beneficiary receiving 40%. Performers receive a $200 minimum guarantee.
- Table space is available for selling band merchandise (CD’s, stickers, clothing etc). Performers are responsible for staffing the table.
- The stage is approximately 12′ deep by 20′ wide. The coffeehouse supplies one sound engineer. Equipment includes:
- (1) 8 channel powered mono mixer
- (1) main speaker over the stage
- (4) monitor wedges, 1 monitor mix
- (4) SM58 (vocal) mics, (1) SM57 (instrument) mics
- (2) DI boxes
- (5) boom mic stands
- (2) short boom mic stands.
- a supply of cables, including a few extra XLR (mic) and 1/4″ (instrument) cables.
- Wiring to mix position includes 12 XLR mic cables, 4 XLR returns, and 4 speaker runs (1/4″ at the board end, and SpeakOn at the stage end).
- We are not a full-time commercial venue. We present 8 shows a year on Saturday nights near the full moon from October through May.